Saturday, November 2, 2013

Good News, Bad News ;-(

BAD NEWS

Well I always like to hear the bad news first, so I will deliver that right away.. We are no longer heading to the Bahamas this year ;-(  The Bahamas isn't going anywhere and sometimes in life you just have to live with the hand you are dealt. The kids and Jess are taking the news well and I am ok with the decision. There are quite a few changes that are happening in our lives right now and this is the "bad" news. 

Good News

When I was talking about playing the hand we were dealt, what I failed to mention is I was bluffing and we got dealt a Royal Flush! The good news is actually why we are not doing the Bahamas this year, and not only are we ok with that, we are elated with the reason for that decision. 


Drum Roll............................................................

We present our new boat, "Thin Line" 



"Thin Line" is a 1979 CSY 37' Plan B. We have admired this boat since moving to Boot Key Harbor and when we found out it was for sale, we couldn't miss the opportunity to have the privilege of owning her. Our friends Jeff and Misty have meticulously cared for and improved this boat since they bought it in 2004 as the second owners. The CSY is a very solid boat and a proven world cruiser, capable of going anywhere in the world our hearts desire. She is every bit a bluewater boat at heart. 




I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Keeping your eyes, ears, heart, and your options open, along with never being afraid to pull the trigger when something is in your sights, is key to success in life. I thought there was no way, but I asked and we found a way. Thank you Jeff & Misty you know she is getting a great home and will be loved. 

Today we are doing a little cleaning, a little organizing and then moving a little at a time to "Thin Line". "Kainoa" will be listed for sale as soon as we transfer our things, take some photos and list her. Those of you that follow the blog know the care and work I have put into her over the past year, now is your chance to "Liquidate & Navigate"! Bring your things to the dock, load them up and sail away. We love "Kainoa" but this was a once in a blue moon kind of boat we found. 

We will have more info and I'm sure lots of pictures and details soon. Until then take a deep breath and if something comes your way, don't hesitate, leap and have faith. 










2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a spectacular boat!!! I am so happy for your family!!! Take care of yourselves as I miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete