Saturday, September 7, 2013

Touchdown!

Today started at 7am and is still going as I sit here at the tiki hut on the laptop typing this and activating my satellite communication device. It's been a long day of ups and downs but at around 8:30pm after being told by the "kid" at NAPA my alternator was dead I fired the engine and watched the amp meter come to life and the batteries surge with power. Motor mounts fixed, wiring complete, JB weld mount is holding and I have accomplished the impossible to get this thing running. It really shouldn't be, but it is and that's all that matters. 

All our projects have been completed and except for a few small pre departure things and some grocery shopping we are ready to go. I'm not exactly getting to bed nice and early,,,,,, well it's sure early but not what I had in mind. I'm hoping to leave Boot Key Harbor around 12 noon and anchor next to Boca Chica for the night. This anchorage allows us quick access to the channel and on to the Marquesas where we plan on spending the next night before our run to Tortugas. There is nothing there, no water, no food, no parts, no help. We will be truly on our own and it should be a good run for our boat to work out some bugs and find weaknesses. This trip is our payoff, what we worked so hard all these months for. Our little window into the future and what we have to look forward too. 

The link below will link you to our Delorme InReach satellite device and show our current location as well as where we have been. If you want to follow along on our trip just click below and enjoy. But remember it's a sailboat, not a powerboat, patience is a must ;-) 


This whole dream has happened so fast. It's amazing how much you can get done if you really want something and put your nose to the grind, that and being blessed. Since my bout with cancer I've felt unbelievably blessed every day. I keep doing what I think I am supposed to be doing and he keeps laying down the bricks in front of me, all I have to do is step. I trust, I press on. This is what got us to this point and continues to get us past obstacles, faith. Can't wait to see what he has in store.

S/V Kainoa
Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment