Saturday, March 10, 2012

Projects, projects everywhere!

After a trip home to visit family in Michigan last week and attend the Luna Pier Fireman banquet we got home and decided to really get crackin with Windsong. I stripped the boat inside of all cushions as well as anything in drawers or storage, took out the carpet on the floors and got to work.


Then it was time for installing my new flooring which is Allure Teak from good ole Home Depot



Now we first noticed when we bought the boat the bilge pump didn't work and would blow the fuse anytime it was turned on. Somehow I fit down into the engine compartment and removed it. Now this is no small feat in itself and included a few claustrophobic moments as well as a lot of contorting. After a trip up to West Marine to see my friend Chandler we realized that this almost solid brass bilge pump was not broken but just needed a replacement impeller, 29.00 fix. 

From there I unwinterized the engine and got her running, fired up on the first turn of the key (after I fixed the throttle) I ran the engine for about 15 minutes and then shut it down. Hopefully today will be the first day we take her out, it might be just to motor around since I still have some work to do on the lines but we'll see. 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment