Monday, September 1, 2014

We Are Still Alive

The blog... I know I've said it before, but it's really hard to write a blog when all you've got to write about is the daily grind. I can only write so many times about the same things and so I concentrated on life stuff.. Now I have some things to write about. There have been quite a few changes since my last update and I'm sure I will forget many of them but here we go... 

My friend, co-writer and partner in crime musically Ty Thurman has moved to Marathon. Ty and Debbie had their boat shipped from Nashville, TN down here and are not only staying at the city marina, but Ty is also working there. The best part is we are playing music again, except instead of playing in Nashville for candles, we are playing for crowds of people and getting paid! Which brings me to another big change.. As of last Tuesday I am no longer working at the Marathon City Marina.. I will be playing music with Ty and working on my boat as my full time job. That is when I return, next news.....

This evening I untied the dock lines and we are headed out for a little adventure with the boat.. Now I have something to write about! Jessica has 3 weeks off and what better time to shake the boat down before we take off long term then a few weeks underway. I am not going to divulge where we are headed until we get there, but this is by far our biggest adventure with our new boat.. More on that later.. Now for my biggest news..

On May 11th I woke up and finally decided I was done being overweight.. I had picked up 50+ lbs when I was on chemotherapy and hadn't been able to shake it in over 5 years.. I had tried every diet imaginable from eating less than 800 calories per day to all kinds of desperate ways to shed the pounds.. When I woke up on May 11th I had spent about 2 weeks reading about a new way of eating, not a diet, but a life change.. That morning I woke up and began my new way of life, here I am a little over 3 months later and I have dropped nearly 50 lbs and am excited to say i'm getting thinner everyday. I feel great, have tons of energy am able to do way more during the course of a day and can't imagine how I lived with that extra weight. I am staying the course and actually enjoying this new way of eating. If anyone is interested it is called Primal Blueprint.. 

Now there are several diets that claim to do this, do that, and some do in the short term. I have gone from 3x per day on blood pressure medicine to just once and am about to get rid of one medicine completely ( high bp was also a result of chemo) My last check of bp, cholesterol etc revealed 

BP 110/72 
HR 60
Cholesterol 133 ( down over 30 points from before May 11th) 


More details on what's going on soon.. Stay posted to see where we end up in a few days.. I'm glad to be back and glad to have something to write about.. 


Cory

1 comment:

  1. Cory - good to hear from you again, it's been a while. Your camera and I are embarking on a 950 mile trip on the Tennessee and Cumberland rivers. The camera will feel right at home when we pass Nashville. Looking forward to where your trip takes you! Russ

    ReplyDelete