Monday, June 24, 2013

Super Moon, Super Full Life


Jessica and I took the camera, a bottle of red wine and went to the tiki hut so I could get some pictures of the moon. There was quite a bit of cloud cover but I was able to get some decent shots in between. The wind also added another challenge when taking the long exposure shots, it was hard to keep the tripod from shaking and I lost quite a bit of clarity. But Jessica and I enjoyed our wine and the peace of the harbor at night. 

Boot Key Harbor

I miss the harbor full of man made stars, with mast lights bobbing on the horizon. I can't describe the serenity of Boot Key at night, or how many times I sat at the tiki hut alone with a glass of good rum, just sipping slowly while trying to take it all in. I honestly can't think of a place I've been that has almost everything a person could ask for. It's almost the perfect balance of beauty, community, fishing, diving and living. When I say living, I don't mean existing, I mean feeling alive. The way the salt smell hits your nose when the warm wind brushes across your face, the slight taste on your tongue. There has not been a single day that has gone by where I haven't thought to myself "Is this really my life?" 

Well this IS my life, living, breathing, tasting all I can during the short time I have here. I've never been more appreciative of my health, my family, and every day miracles during these moments. There hasn't been a single moment where I've doubted giving up possessions, freeing myself from the rat race and searching out life. Living a life worth living, isn't that all a person can ask for?











No comments:

Post a Comment