Saturday, July 6, 2013

4th Of July, Keys Style!




The 4th of July was great. The entire day was fun, from me going swimming with Peyton and my Dad, to just hanging out with friends from the harbor. At 7:30 P.M. the family packed things that we needed like chips, sweet tea,  and snacks, then left for Sisters Creek. The ride was fun, the whole time Peyton was hogging and eating all of the ice. While we drove down Sisters Creek, Pirate Jake shot off one of his small, homemade cannons. He waved us over there and we chilled there for the night.

Every time a boat went by Pirate Jake shot off the cannons. The expressions on their faces were funny. While we were waiting for the fireworks a lot of people stopped by to chat. When you looked out at the end of the channel there were boats everywhere, they looked like stars with there lights on. At 9 P.M. The fireworks started and everyone was amazed by them. My favorite was the boom and then sizzle and the ones that looked like rain. They went on for a long time,and it was probably the longest fireworks show I have seen.

At the end there were a bunch of boats going back into the harbor that looked like a herd of sheep running from a dog. The drive back took a while, probably because I was tired. When we got back we chilled in the boat for the night while we ate my Moms awesome spaghetti and watched a movie. After that, we went to bed. I had a great 4th of July, and was glad that I got to spend it with my family.


Colby

No comments:

Post a Comment